Thursday, September 9, 2010


With the spirit we have been given the opportunity to listen to his nudge and to the teachings found in the scriptures and so come to a better understanding of what the will of God is. I think that it will be challenging to actually know what the will of the Lord is, but in all actually it should not be impossible because he calls us to do so. I know that I have been lacking in a lot of spiritual disciplines but I also discovered phenomenal thought recently. That even in wanting to pray more it is like praying. We are hungering after our Lord and spending time with him and even that is wonderful to him. This thirst of course leads to follow through of spending time in prayer. And that time in prayer just increases the thirst for the Living water. Would it not be so wonderful just to be constantly drinking from the Living water? Drinking deep and long. But alas we get so distracted on this earth. We drown instead in the mud and muck that pulls our eyes from our Lord. Why we would we want anything more than just being in his presence? Yet time after time we fall back to the muddle puddle instead of going to the sea shore that God calls us to. I never really understood the splendor of that analogy until spending time at the sea shore in Hawaii. So peaceful, so achingly beautiful and wondrous that the same simple joy is not that same when one finds only mud puddles to splash in. I pray that I hunger after my good Lord and that He grants me the strength to make it to the sea shore one day.

This year will be good because the Lord has revealed so much. In those things I will find guidance and new resolve to keep on keeping on. No matter how many times I fail, he is always there to pick us up out of the mud and cheer us on as we seek after him. He rejoices in our little victory each time as we over come with his help something that he has already overcome. This fact is where I find great hope. He knows me and my heart and has felt the same stings of temptation to be led astray as I have. He will help me to keep on towards that new body redemption on the sea shore.

1 comment:

  1. You have a fabulous blog! I want to award you with one of my homemade awards: Brilliant Writer Blog Award for all the hard work you do!

    I invite you to follow me since we have a lot in common, but no pressure. I’m not giving you the award just so you will follow me. You really do deserve it!
    Take care:-)

    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
    ~Deirdra

    ReplyDelete