Thursday, September 2, 2010


I am not sure how I feel about trusting fully in God. I find it hard. Very, very hard. Why would a loving God allow things in this world that hurt us, those he loves, so very much? Would he really put us through these things, all the more because he knows exactly what we are thinking or how we feel.
Why would he let children be hurt by bad people? Why would he allow thousands of millions of people die from starvation or from hate crimes? It is very hard to think that these things could all be worked together to bring him glory, but I guess that just shows how small I am. Perhaps if I could think like the Father than I would know and understand why such things are allowed to happen.
Perhaps it is because of my inaction that some of these things persist. We underestimate the power of the one that is within us as believers. We have the Spirit in us that changed the world forever and we are content to sit back and watch TV for hours and hours, wasting away the time that was gifted to us by the vast wisdom of our God.
I am so thankful for the breath that I just took and the warm bed I have to great privilege to sleep in every night. I will pray for those who cannot breathe easy and sleep under smog strangled stars. I will pray that one day we will all be together praise the Lord and either not caring or having a full knowledge of why things happened the way that they did. Because right now, I don’t know why other than those little glimmers of the kingdom that are found in a baby’s giggle or a good fellowship time with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment