Saturday, September 4, 2010

Need the Spirit


This year is going to be so good. I have done a lot of work over the course of the past few years and I know that I will have to continue to work very hard. I am realizing that is just part of life and I think that I will always have to be working and striving towards being a better self.
We are living in an already and not yet kind of life now. This means that we have been granted life in Christ but he has not yet returned. At his return we will be given a new body and be redeemed. We will then live with him fully, praising the Father for his great love for us. I cannot wait to be brought into a fully realized state of grace, but until then we are not alone. Christ has given us the spirit which is a gifted down payment of the promise of life to come. With the Spirit we have guidance and power if only we are quiet enough feel His nudge. That can be the trick. Be quiet enough to listen and be soft enough to feel the Spirit's nudge in a loud, banging, rushing world. Wading through lies and fears from the enemy to find truths and live in them is so very important but very hard at the same time. But with strength from him we can do all things that he calls us to do.
So this year I will try to listen to the truths that have been revealed to me and try my best to seek after the Spirit, broken and raw and filled with joy. I will continue to battle through and strive to hang on tight to truth.

Dear Lord, grant me strength to do do and to remain in You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment