It is the sign of the promise of God's covenant with mankind that He would never again destroy the earth with a flood. A promise of the love and faithfulness to a broken and hurting world and those in it who chose to believe. Colours blazing in a bright arc across the sky, I looked to it as the rain pelted me on the back of the bike. What had started as a dry, happy adventure had been brought to a ominous end at the approach of the heavy laden storm clouds. Hurrying home only resulted in a cold, wet stretch of paved road that seem to go on forever. But even as that road inclined to mount the overpass I turned my face to the beautiful rays of sun piercing through the clouds as they eradicated the gloom. The rain continued to fall and whip my exposed face, but I have the hope that they will end and that they will bring much needed moisture to a thirsty land. Turning my eyes back to the colourful streak spanning the horizon in a double bow, I settled back into my seat and allowed myself to rest in my Father's promise of love and faithfulness, even in the storm.
Monday, May 24, 2010
Rainbow
It is the sign of the promise of God's covenant with mankind that He would never again destroy the earth with a flood. A promise of the love and faithfulness to a broken and hurting world and those in it who chose to believe. Colours blazing in a bright arc across the sky, I looked to it as the rain pelted me on the back of the bike. What had started as a dry, happy adventure had been brought to a ominous end at the approach of the heavy laden storm clouds. Hurrying home only resulted in a cold, wet stretch of paved road that seem to go on forever. But even as that road inclined to mount the overpass I turned my face to the beautiful rays of sun piercing through the clouds as they eradicated the gloom. The rain continued to fall and whip my exposed face, but I have the hope that they will end and that they will bring much needed moisture to a thirsty land. Turning my eyes back to the colourful streak spanning the horizon in a double bow, I settled back into my seat and allowed myself to rest in my Father's promise of love and faithfulness, even in the storm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment